To Reset Your Gateway or Standalone Modem
Unplug the power cord from the gateway or modem and remove any batteries.
Wait 30 seconds, and then reinsert any batteries and reconnect the power cable.
Your modem’s connection lights should be solid (not blinking).
Check your internet connection to make sure it’s working.
How do I reset my Internet after power outage?
To Reset Your Modem and Your WiFi Router
- Unplug the power cord from the back of the modem and remove any batteries.
- Unplug the power cord from the WiFi router.
- Wait 30 seconds, and then reinsert any batteries and reconnect power to the modem.
- Allow at least 2 minutes to ensure that the reset is complete.
Does power outage affect Internet?
The answer is no, Your router can broadcast a wifi signal if it’s powered but the internet will not work during a power outage.
Can a power outage damage a router?
The good news is the most common cause of failure for routers, PCs and other network equipment is heat damage AKA heat stress. Power outages rarely damage routers. That said, if you don’t have your router plugged into a surge protected outlet, it can get fried when the power returns.
How do I reset my Arris router after power outage?
How to Get Your Wi-Fi Back After a Power Outage
- Unplug the power cord and remove any batteries.
- Wait 30 seconds. Really. Then reinsert the batteries and reconnect the power cable.
- Wait up to 10 minutes for everything to get reconnected. Your connection lights should now be solid (not blinking).
- Check your internet connection. It should be back up.